The Application Process for the 2015-2016 Glass Year is now OPEN!
To apply, please fill out the below form or call 805-564-6670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Steinberg now titled The Glass Leadership Institute was founded to energize a new generation of committed Jewish activists to dedicate themselves to ADL’s vital mission. The Santa Barbara/Tri Counties Region, along with more than 20 other ADL regions, will offer the program this year, creating a nation-wide network of young, dynamic leadership. The Mission of the Glass Leadership Institute (GLI) is to provide broad exposure to ADL’s programs and resources and to create a cadre of young professionals who will take on regional and national leadership positions within the League. Participants gain first-hand exposure to ADL’s activities and interests including:
- Combating Hate
- Bigotry & Prejudice
- Fighting Anti-Semitism
- Israel and International Affairs
- Defending Civil Rights
- Protecting Religious Freedom
- Ensuring the Separation of Church and State
- Teaching Diversity and Cultural Understanding
Who are Glass Leadership Institute Participants?
The Glass Leadership Institute consists of a specially selected group of individuals between the ages of 25-40 who are interested in learning about ADL’s mission “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people… to secure justice and fair treatment to all.”
Glass participants are chosen based on their demonstrated leadership qualities in the Jewish and general communities, as well as their interest in and commitment to social and political justice. Glass leaders are expected to attend nearly all monthly meetings as well as the annual Shana Amy Glass National Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
Glass Leadership Institute Requirements
1. Regular attendance at each of 9 monthly meeting in the Glass programmatic year: Monthly meetings serve as a vehicle to educate participants on the full range of issues and programming on the ADL agenda.
2. Willing to attend ADL’s National Leadership Conference: Leadership Institute participants from all over the country attend the Conference in Washington D.C. (with conference and hotel costs covered by ADL for participants who have attended the minimum number of sessions throughout the year). The conference convenes Board members, institute participants and staff from ADL’s regional offices for 3 days of workshops, meetings and lobbying on Capitol Hill.
3. Ready to commit to the monetary responsibilities associated with attendance. The minimum commitment is $250.00
For an application, to make a recommendation or to find out more information, please email email@example.com or call 805-564-6670!